Monday, January 30, 2012

Grow plan

Now that the dutch winter finally seems to have arrived, with zub zero temperatures and even an tiny bit of snow, picking fresh fruits and vegetables at the allotment seems so very far away, but, as we say in Holland "good preparation is half the job" I yesterday prepared my 'grow-plan' for the rised beds in the allotment.

Nu dat de winter eindelijk zijn intrede lijkt te hebben gemaakt, compleet met temperaturen-onder-nul en een pietsje sneeuw, lijkt het plukken van vers fruit en groentes in de volkstuin nog zo ver weg, maar, goed begin is het halve werk, dus heb ik gisteren het groei plan voor de  groentebedden voorbereid

My roofgarden this morning / mijn dakterras vanmorgen

Two weeks ago I checked my seeds-stash and ordered some I missed. the order came in last week:

Twee weken geleden inventariseerde ik de zaadjes voorraad, en heb ik nog wat soorten besteld, die bestelling is van de week binnen gekomen:


Flipping through my favorite gardening books, my green fingers start to itch, cant's wait for spring!

Al bladerend door mijn favoriete tuinier-boeken beginnen de groene vingers al weer te jeuken; ik kan niet wachten tot de lente!


Alan Titchmarsh - The Kitchen Gardener (ISBN 978 1646072017)
Carol Klein - Groente uit eigen tuin (ISBN 978 8021514710) English: Grow your own veg
Joe Swift - Joe's Allotment (ISBN 978 1846076725)
Alys Fowler - De eetbare tuin (ISBN 978 6061229394) English: The edible garden
Alys Fowler - De creatieve tuinier (ISBN978 9059562929) English: the thrifty gardener

So, this is the plan I came up with, based on crop-rotation:

Dus, dit is mijn plan, gebaseerd op gewas-rotatie geworden:


....and hopefully, my crops will look like this again in about 4 months:

.....en hopelijk zien mijn gewasjes er weer zo uit over een maand of 4:


1 comment:

  1. It is summer time here in New Zealand, I love your doll that you made, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete