Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reap what you sow / Wie zaait zal oogsten

The gardening season seems very far away, but after yesterday's visit to my allotment, I started to plan ahead. I spread out my 'seed-stash' on the kitchen table this morning, and sorted it out. I realized that I have collected so many seeds that I only have to buy a couple of new packets of must-have vegetables and that's it for this year!
I do not grow large quanities of vegetables at the plot. I have 4 raised beds of 1.5m x 1.5m each, in which  the crops rotate every year. I like to have a high variety of vegetables and small quantities. I do not to tend to be 'self-sufficient', it all is just a hobby.
So, I placed a small order for some seeds I ran out of, or just want to give a try this year, not neccesarily on the plot, also for the little green house at home! I plan to start pre-seeding somewhere in february so by then every window sill in the house will be occupied by little seedtrays...

Het tuin seizoen lijkt nog erg ver weg, maar nadat ik gisteren even op mijn volkstuintje was, ben ik wat vooruit aan het plannen. Ik heb mijn hele zaadjes voorraad over de keukentafel uitgespreid en gesorteerd. Nog zaadjes genoeg, ik wilde alleen nog een paar nieuwe zakjes kopen van groentes die ik graag dit jaar wil telen. Ik teel geen grote hoeveelheden in de tuin, ik heb 4 verhoogde plantbedden van 1.5m x 1.5m, waarin de groenten ieder jaar roteren. Ik vind het leuk veel verschillende soorten te telen, in kleine hoeveelheden. Ik probeer niet zelf-voorzienend te zijn, het is gewoon een hobby.
Dus, ik heb een kleine bestelling geplaatst voor wat zaden die op zijn, of soorten die ik dit jaar wil proberen. Niet alleen voor in de tuin, ook voor in de kleine kas thuis. ik denk dat ik ergens in februari ga beginnen met voorzaaien, dus tegen die tijd staat iedere vensterbank in huis vol met zaaibakjes...


No comments:

Post a Comment